The stages of research – Coursework
If given a coursework assessment or project, the following should be taken into consideration:
- preparing a hypothesis or assumption and planning how to test it
- method of collecting data
- using graphs and calculations to describe your results
- results analysis and drawing conclusions about whether the hypothesis has been supported by the data collected
- evaluation and recognizing the limitations of methods used, and deciding the reliability of any conclusions.
- finally, reviewing the possibility of extending the hypothesis and pursuing new lines of enquiry.